Research at the NWROSL
- Geochemical surveys of obsidian sources in the western United States and Canada.
- Trace element studies of significant artifacts and sites that would otherwise receive little attention.
- Exploration of methodologies useful in the interpretation of trace element provenance information.
- Examining large-scale regional patterns of prehistoric source utilization.
Through our sister lab, Northwest Archaeometrics, we are also involved in research relating to:
- 3D scanning and morphometric analyses of archaeological artifacts.
- GIS based predictive modelling of terrestrial and submerged archaeological sites.
- ArchieDB - An open source cataloging and workflow system for archaeological excavations and laboratory analyses.